7.01.2009

Passion Pit Remixes Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Heads Will Roll"

Admittedly, I'm not nearly as impressed as everyone else is with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' It's Blitz! Not sure what it is, but for some reason, it just doesn't stand out to me as a banner record of 2009. Maybe I'm giving away parts of the ending to our Best of 2009 So Far list, but you probably knew it would end up this way when I failed to talk about the album at all. Still, I'm a really big fan of Passion Pit's debut full-length, so for that, I felt that this was worthwhile. The YYY's are releasing a UK single for track "Heads Will Roll," and of course, as is the norm lately, it includes a remixed version of the song, with the honors performed by the aforementioned Passion Pit. The original was fairly poppy, and this one is even more so. If you're into that sort of thing, you'll probably find it a good time. Check it out over at the Hype Machine.

No comments: