7.30.2009

Matt's Track of the Week: "I'm A Terrible Person"

Song: I'm A Terrible Person
Artist: Rooney
Album: Rooney
Year: 2003

Every once in a while I get into a mood where I don't feel like listening to anything. When I find myself in one of these moods, more often then not, I listen to Rooney. I don't know what that says about the band, but I guess it's not the worst thing if it gets me listening and writing about them. The thing about their debut is that listening to it takes no mental commitment. The songs are so catchy and straightforward that you don't even have to concentrate to enjoy every second of it.

"I'm A Terrible Person" is one of my favorites from this set, and like many of their tunes, it has an unstoppable hook and a decent helping of offhanded tongue-in-cheek humor, which I personally find entertaining in a 60s "neat-o gang!" sort of way. It's got everything you could ask for or expect in a poppy california indie rock song, and paired with the rest of the record, you can't go wrong. Take a listen for yourself below.

No comments: