7.21.2009

New fun., "Walking the Dog"

I'm not afraid to admit that I am obsessed with fun. Not on the same level I was (still am?) wrapped up in The Format, but I will take anything in the form of music from Nate Ruess or Sam Means since their original band broke up. For those who may not be aware, Nate's got a whole new project with an album ready to go next month. fun. (hate the notation), which also features Anathallo's Andrew Dost and Steel Train's Jack Antonoff, is the gradual progression for Ruess. It's obvious from what I've heard thus far that he's shed the boyish skin he wore with pride on both of The Format's records, and instead, has taken to a more positive, less broken down approach. In a word, he's less damaged than before, and it works to the music's advantage. If you'd like to hear more, head over to their Facebook iLike page (who uses these?!) and check out new track, "Walking the Dog". And if you're more in the mood for the stuff the band themselves have given out for free, might I recommend their demo version of "Benson Hedges" that they gave to Spin last year.

No comments: