7.23.2009

New Yo La Tengo, "Here to Fall"

I was never a huge Yo La Tengo fan. It's not that I didn't like them, it's just that before seeing them put on an awesome live show last week, I was never all that impressed. Of course, it's all different now, so I'm actually quite looking forward to the September release of their new record, Popular Songs. The fact that the band has released another track for us to listen to is also a plus. "Here to Fall" is a Yo La Tengo song in the truest sense. It's noisy and sporadic, yet also has a dedication to melody that I, for one, appreciate. Plus, who doesn't love a good Mets reference every now and then? Anyway, it's pretty good, so you might want to give it a listen for yourself below. Popular Songs is out September 8th via Matador Records. The track is courtesy of the band, via Stereogum.

Yo La Tengo- "Here to Fall"

No comments: