7.10.2009

New Jay Reatard, "Wounded"

I saw this recently, but due to work, haven't been able to really post anything but my long-form reviews for the past few days, as you might have noticed. Jay Reatard, resident garage punk weird guy, has a new album coming out in August, and in conjunction with that, is releasing mp3s to get us all excited and such. So far, the tracks, especially the newest, "Wounded," are much better than I had anticipated. Each has an interesting vibe to it, channeling various aspects of pop and his patented garage punk to create a generously melodic sound. If you're into this sort of thing, enjoy below. I've also included the first single he released, "It Ain't Gonna Save Me," since I missed the boat on putting it up in May. Watch Me Fall will be out August 4th on vinyl, and August 18th on CD and the interwebs, via Matador Records.

Jay Reatard- "Wounded"

Jay Reatard- "It Ain't Gonna Save Me"

No comments: