7.06.2009

New Arctic Monkeys, "Crying Lightning"

Ideally, Matt should be talking about this, since I'm nowhere near the Arctic Monkeys fan that he is. Overall, I find them enjoyable, but in no way do I consider them the big deal that so many others seem to. Recently, the band revealed that they were working on new material and putting together a new album, which we later found out to be called Humbug. Now, we've got our first studio-type look at the effort. "Crying Lightning" is your typical Arctic Monkeys' song, save the dash of maturity that seems to cut through the usual noise. At this point, it's fair to say the album will be enjoyable, but I can't, and won't, go farther than that. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. For those interested, check it out below, taken from BBC this morning. Humbug is out August 25th via Domino.

No comments: