7.02.2009

New Drake Video, "Best I Ever Had"

I guess today's going to be a big day for rap videos around here. This one, however, contains 100% less clown than the last one. Many of you are probably familiar with Drake, if not for his recent, budding rapping career, then perhaps his acting on Degrassi: Next Generation (I never watched, but I'm told he was there). Well, for those who don't know the rapper, he let out a pretty notable mixtape, So Far Gone, earlier this year that earned rave reviews from a lot of people, and had major labels lining up to sign him. Though I enjoy Drake's music by himself, I can't help but think that part of the reason for all of the hubbub was the fact that Lil' Wayne appeared on every other track. Either way, "Best I Ever Had" is still a good time, and doesn't feature Weezy, so take from that what you will. Drake will be releasing his first label-sponsored record, Thank Me Later sometime near the end of the year via Young Money/Cash Money/Universal Republic.

No comments: