6.25.2009

New She & Him Cover, "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want"

I'm talking about yet another song covered for the sake of a movie today. This time, however, it's one that I would actually go see. You all know Zooey Deschanel, I'm sure. You know, that girl who's engaged to Count Death Cab himself? Yeah, her. Well, she's once again teamed up with everyone's new favorite folkster (now that Conor Oberst has delivered an epic failure I never thought possible), M. Ward, for another cool and interesting cover song- remember, there were several non-originals on She & Him's Volume One last year. This time, they take some liberties with The Smiths' "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want," and the results are, as one might have guessed, favorable. The recording was made for Zooey's upcoming film, (500) Days of Summer, which, as you might know, has killed many indie festivals over the past year. I'm really looking forward to it, and the soundtrack, as I'm sure you are as well, but unfortunately you're going to have to wait for the music to come out on July 14th, via Sire. But for those who want to give this track a listen first, check the deal over at Stereogum.

No comments: