6.16.2009

New Beirut Video, "The Concubine"

I'm pretty sure my brother called "The Concubine" the best track off of Beirut's new record. That also wasn't saying much, since the album as a whole lacked the real energy and originality that were a mainstay of Zach Condon's previous efforts. Still, I suppose it's worth talking about his new video. The Mexican vibe works for the song- however, I still don't understand why the visual representation culminates in sharing a smoke with a member of the Animal Noises "enemies list", Gene Simmons, in complete KISS garb. Alas, check it out below, for the last (I promise this time) video of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a Gene Simmons impersonator hanging out on the streets--another fellow freak, just like the cowboy singer. Why not share a smoke?