6.15.2009

New Cursive Video, "I Couldn't Love You"

I'm putting this up as a courtesy to what this band once was, as well as for the readers who may have actually enjoyed their latest effort, Mama, I'm Swollen. In this newest video, Cursive, similar to their last visual representation, are making commentary about societal roles and the problems that occur when things are over-analyzed. "I Couldn't Love You" does its job for the most part, and though the video may appear to be an intelligent critique on constructs, it sometimes strays off (to me, at least) as just another video by some band trying to look original. Though I know this is not the case with Cursive, it's a thought process that continually gets in my way nowadays when listening to their most recent material. Perhaps you feel differently. Either way, check it out below.

No comments: