6.05.2009

New Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, "Telling The Truth And Going Away"

After a forgettable sophomore album, I've tried to convince myself that every band makes mistakes, and that that would include Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.  I've given them their first and only clean slate, and so far, they have not disappointed.  When we heard "Statues" months ago, I was intrigued.  Now, courtesy of the ending credits of The Great Buck Howard, we get to hear another positive step for the band, "Telling The Truth And Going Away".  It seems calm, yet has a lot of life to it- more of a medium-tempo jam really, but a solid listen that I look forward to hopefully seeing on their eventual third album.  Actually, an entire album like this would make me quite happy.  For those interested in what the band is up to, check out the video below, and enjoy.

No comments: