10.12.2009

New Thom Yorke, Grizzly Bear, Bon Iver Tracks for New Twilight Soundtrack

I hate Twilight. Check that. I LOATHE Twilight. So when I heard that some of my favorite artists (i.e.- Thom Yorke and Grizzly Bear) were contributing to the second movie's soundtrack, it irked me to no end. Alas, we're now hearing some of these songs, and they're actually okay... as long as you keep the images of overly-romanticized, overly-hyped vampires out of your heads.

Anyway, if you head over to Stereogum, you can check out three of the tracks on the upcoming (groan) Twilight Saga (Editor's Note: fail)New Moon soundtrack, out October 20th, via Atlantic. Among them are Thom Yorke's techno-riffic "Hearing Damage," Grizzly Bear's airy and hollow melody "Slow Life," featuring Beach House's Victoria Legrand; and the equally haunting "Rosyln," by Bon Iver and St. Vincent.

[Previously on Animal Noises: New Thom Yorke, "The Hollow Earth"]

No comments: