8.10.2009

New Brand New, "At the Bottom"

When we last left our heroes (?), they had posted a snippet of new single, "At the Bottom" on Amazon. Well, now, right before releasing it to the world, the full preview is up over at the Myspace. No point in echoing my commentary from last week, since, obviously, it's the same song. Just go check it out if you want. Brand New's fourth LP, Daisy, is out September 22nd via Interscope/DGC/Procrastinate! Music Traitors. The album cover is pictured at top right, and the track listing is below, courtesy of Spin.

Daisy track listing:

1. Vices
2. Bed
3. At the Bottom
4. Gasoline
5. You Stole
6. Be Gone
7. Sink
8. Bought A Bride
9. Daisy
10. In a Jar
11. Noro

2 comments:

Shanerology said...

Why the (?) after heroes? I really wish you'd have included something of an opinion in this post.

Brand New are my favorite band. None of that scenester shit either. You pick a band and follow them from their inception all the way through the future; that's how you'll tell if someone likes them or if they've just heard that it was in vogue to be known as a follower of a band. (I'm looking at you hipster bands)

John said...

The (?) is more of a tongue-in-cheek reference. I'm a huge fan of Brand New, but felt that the term "heroes" may be a bit strong, hence me poking fun a bit with a classically-used comic and superhero phrase ("when we last left our heroes...").

As far as my opinion, I had already offered it up in an earlier post, which I mentioned, so I linked this post to that one, so people could also check that out.