3.19.2009

New Modest Mouse, "Satellite Skin"

Modest Mouse dropped down their new-ish track, "Satellite Skin" on The Late Show David Letterman's recently.  I say new-ish only because it's existed for about a year, but this is the best I've heard of it thus far.  Still, I'd have to say I'm intrigued by this one, as it sort of sounds a bit like 2000's The Moon & Antarctica, along with portions of Good News for People Who Love Bad News.  I feel that these albums, more than the rest, showcase Issac Brock as a vocalist and center each track completely on him and the lyrics he presents.  Their other albums, in my opinion, are much more full band-oriented.  But, like I said, maybe it's just me.  Still, this track is engaging and entertaining, while still a bit subdued, and will peak your interest if you're a fan of Modest Mouse.  Check out the video below.

No comments: